Friday, February 04, 2011

Ex-Cop Fumes Over Retirement Package

Posted on: www.dailyguideghana.com

By William Yaw Owusu

Friday January 4, 2011.
Francis Adaboo, a retired Inspector of the Ghana Police Service is fuming following what he claims to be the inability of the Controller and Accountant-General to process his retirement package for him.

He said the delay in processing his entitlement has severely affected his standard of living, appealing to the police administration to intervene to address the problems.

He said he went on compulsory retirement in 2010 but the bureaucracy at the Accountant General’s Department has affected him and his family, which has made him a dependant.

In an interview with DAILY GUIDE in Accra yesterday, Inspector Adaboo, who served in the Police service for 38 years, said he received his compulsory retirement letter on May 29, 2010 and was directed to the Accountant General’s Department for processing of his entitlement which he quickly did.

He claimed that the police administration since June 2010 has forwarded the necessary documents for the Accountant General’s Department to work on his entitlements but nothing has been done about it.

“I have since June last year been spending so much to chase what is due me. Anytime you go to them, all they do is to tell you series of stories.”

“I am getting frustrated now. There is no money for me. I cannot pay my children’s school fees. I don’t think I deserve this kind of treatment after serving my country for 38 years.”

Another retired officer, RSM Gilbert Opoku told DAILY GUIDE that he retired a few years ago and is yet to receive his entitlements having been dilly-dallied by the Controller and Accountant General’s Department on many occasions.

“Anytime I go there they tell me that the Single Spine Salary Structure (SSSS) is the cause of the delay. Things are hard for me,” he said.

No comments: