Monday, February 09, 2015

MINISTER LOCKS OUT WIFE…DUMPS GARBAGE ON BED

Ebenezer Okletey Terlabi and wife Monica


Posted on: www.dailyguideghana.com
By William Yaw Owusu
Monday, February 9, 2015

The love lost relationship between Ebenezer Okletey Terlabi, the National Democratic Congress (NDC) Member of Parliament for Lower Manya Krobo in the Eastern Region and his wife Monica aka Yaa Baby is getting murkier by the day.

DAILY GUIDE is reliably informed that Mr. Terlabi who is also the Deputy Minister of Lands and Natural Resources, allegedly dumped rubbish on the wife’s bed at their official Ringway Estates Residence at Osu, Accra.

The minister is said to have also locked out Mrs Terlabi from the matrimonial and now taking sanctuary in a hotel at Osu with no personal belongings.

Rubbish On Bed
Mrs. Terlabii confirmed the dumping of the rubbish on her bed by her estranged husband on a Somanya-based private radio station, Rite FM last Friday.

She said “When I returned home he had removed the TV, home theatre and other stuff including the pictures I took with him as well as some of my pictures and had put garbage on the bed I sleep on. I became very sad.”

“Of all the things he has done, the singular act which affected me most was putting garbage on my bed.”

Infidelity
She said that the minister’s claim that she was a flirt was laughable saying “I saw in the papers that he claims I have been going behind him…I ask for God’s forgiveness for him.”

“I have been able to prove that his mistress is Gifty Addy so he should come out and mention the name of the person he claims am flirting with. I respect myself as a married woman and would never do such a thing.
“If I was a flirt I would have left the house long ago.”

She claimed that the said Gifty who is her husband’s mistress was all over the minister and would not allow him breathing space leading to Terlabi, a former lecturer at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) relocating with her.

“She even goes to his office regularly. Is that how we do it? There is no problem between us. The problem is that he has left the matrimonial home,” she said even though the minister has fired back saying he was still at home.

No Entry!
Additionally, she told DAILY GUIDE that the Minister came home with some unidentified men and locked up the place before instructing his houseboy not to let her in the house again.

“I came home and went out to buy something. I saw his car pass by and I hid at a corner watching their movement. I saw him making telephone calls,” she claimed.

“When he finally left I tried to enter the house but his houseboy told me he has instructed him not to allow me in the house again. I don’t know what to do. I‘ve no place sleep now.”

She has since been sleeping in a hotel from Friday.

Marriage Dissolution
She also told DAILY GUIDE that Mr. Terlabi sent people to her family in Kumasi with schnapps to ask for dissolution of the marriage but her father did not entertain the Minister’s envoy.

“He was on radio claiming I am not his wife yet he goes secretly to my parents to dissolve the marriage traditionally.”

DAILY GUIDE learnt that the marriage was done by ordinance and it was the courts that could dissolve it as things stand before any traditional rites could be performed.

She insisted that “I don’t know anything about the story yet he goes about to tell people I leaked it with the former MCE and one Ricky. If he had not told me I would not know that something was happening.”
No Car
She claimed that the Minister seized her car and gave it to Gifty’s brother and said “as I speak I have been using commercial vehicle.”

“The home is his home so if there was any personal problem he should have been the one to sack me and not him leaving the place,” Monica Terlabi said.

Minister Threatens Reporter
When the story was published on Friday, Mr. Terlabi called Daniel Bampoe, DAILY GUIDE reporter who broke the story on telephone and threatened the poor reporter’s life.

“Thank you very much. I’ve seen your story in front page right! And is that twist you have given it? Thank you. You are a young man and you will see how you are going to survive in this country,” the Minister charged
Last week, Daily Guide reported that the minister reportedly packed out of his official residence, leaving behind his estranged wife.

The MP allegedly stormed his government bungalow apartment at Osu Ringway near the State House and took away electrical appliances and stuffed chairs in the absence of his wife, Monica.

He was said to have moved to join his mistress at East Legon, Accra where he had allegedly rented a house for her.

Mr Terlabi who recently denied any link with his constituency youth organiser, David Tettey, over a narcotics-related case (heroin), reportedly broke the main door to his official residence and took away his home theatre appliance, flat screen plasma television, the chairs and picture flames together with his wife’s and that of the late President Mills and left behind his only picture hanging in the sitting hall.

Mrs Monica Terlabi had confirmed the incident on an Nkawkaw-based radio station, Agoo East, evening news that her husband came to their five-bedroom apartment when she had gone to the Tema Harbour to clear some imported goods from Dubai.

Girlfriend
According to her, the deputy minister had been found dating one Gifty Addy, who is also a clearing agent at Aviance and who operates with the Lower Manya Krobo constituency youth organiser standing trial at an Accra circuit court for allegedly dealing in heroin.

The minister conceded that he has a girlfriend but it didn’t mean that he was sleeping outside. “It’s just that I normally come home late,” Terlabi told DAILY GUIDE in a text message.

The MP’s wife stated that after the news broke that David Kwame Tettey had been busted over heroin, her husband became suspicious, claiming that she had conspired with the former Lower Manya Krobo MCE, David Agbo, and one Ricky, former constituency chairmanship aspirant, to leak the matter to the media.

She stated that the husband, on that fateful day the news broke, sent her a text message that he would come to their matrimonial home to deal with her for the alleged conspiracy to defame him.

Complains To Asiedu Nketia
The minister’s wife indicated that after the incident, she went to the house of the NDC General Secretary, Johnson Asiedu Nketia, at Oyarifa near Adenta in the Greater Accra Region on Tuesday to inform him about her husband’s behaviour because she saw the NDC scribe as a family head.



No comments: