Friday, June 11, 2010

I Don't Know T.B. Joshuah

By William Yaw Owusu

Thursday May 19, 2010
First Lady Ernestina Naadu Mills admits she has never seen Prophet TB Joshua but says there is nothing wrong for President JEA Mills to seek spiritual support from the maverick man of God from Nigeria.

She said it is ‘speculating’ to say President Mills seeks advice from the man of God asking “who and who were there when TB Joshua advised President Mills or who and who were there when President Mills travelled to Nigeria to seek advice from TB Joshua”
The First Lady was being interviewed yesterday by BBC Network Africa’s Veronique Edwards in a special project currently underway to give a new perspective on the leaders of the African continent.

The programme has already hosted First Ladies from Sierra Leone (Sia Koroma), Namibia (Penehupito Pohamba), Zambia (Thandiwe Banda) and Uganda (Janet Museveni).

When asked whether it was right for the prophet to influence President Mills, Mrs. Mills said “Are these people with my husband and TB Joshua? I mean it is speculating.”

“If for example I feel like seeing a particular preacher in America and I make it a point of going to him, what is wrong with it? Why not in Africa?”

“Oh yes, President Mills has seen TB Joshua in person. I have never met him. I see him on television. I watch TBN and various preachers come. I watch them. They all have their strengths and I am happy that TB Joshua is an African and he helps people. There is something that God has endowed in him.”

She said it ‘hurts’ when people criticize her husband unjustly saying “it hurts especially when whatever he is doing is given the wrong interpretation.”

“”If you have been a President before perhaps conditions were different during your time so let us give this new President the chance to do or put into effect what ideas he has. He is not taking Ghana anywhere. He wants the best for Ghana and we all should contribute to it.”

Mrs. Mills said she was happy when President Mills won the election after three attempts saying “he loves Ghana very much and he knew one day his message would get to voters.”

Looking back to the days when her husband entered into politics, she said “ there comes a time in ones life when after acquiring from society and from people you have to give back to society and moreover it was so at a time when my husband was invited as a running mate to join politics. He is a law professor you know and he was looking forward to retiring but love for country took him back into politics.”

She said she looks after the President very well saying “I am there for him. I make sure I know what he eats and he eats on time. I also studied home economics so I cook nutritious meal for him.”

Mrs. Mills said President Mills is a good cook and sometimes comes to the kitchen but “I do not allow him to clean up otherwise he will take the job from me.”

She said the President can prepare a cup of tea for her if she was indisposed.

The First Lady was concerned about the falling standards in girl-child education and assured that she would use her position to improve upon the situation.

She said her passion has been “to dress well in fitting clothes and matching colours” and said she love nature, admires the birds and looks after plants.

Mrs. Mills said she has four dogs in her home namely Tandy (T), Max, Candy and Sweetie Pie saying “they are German Shepherds and Alsatians.

Also see: www.dailyguideghana.com

No comments: