Friday, September 24, 2010

Kofi Wayo taunts Mills

Posted on:

By William Yaw Owusu

Thursday September 23, 2010
SELF ACCLAIMED billionaire cum maverick politician, Charles Kofi Wayo aka Chuck has taunted President Mills for putting square pegs in round holes, saying that it was the reason why the ruling National democratic Congress (NDC) was struggling to fulfill its campaign pledges.

“I don’t feel sorry for President Mills because they (square pegs) are going to embarrass him till he is voted out of power,” he said.

Speaking on Vibe FM, an Accra-based radio station on a wide range of issues last Friday, Mr. Wayo, who is also the leader of the defunct United Renaissance Party (URP), said when the NDC came to power he appealed to President Mills to set up a taskforce with him (Wayo) as the head to solve problems related to roads, lights and gas but claimed the President rebuffed him.

He said as a result he does not have any pity for President Mills because he sidelined him despite his numerous ‘connections’ that could help solve some of the issues facing Ghanaians.

He said African leaders including President Mills are egocentric and cursed them, saying there is a special place reserved for them in hell.

He added that Billy Graham, the renowned American evangelist once told him that there was a special place in hell for African leaders.

He described African leaders as people who have turned out to be 10 times more brutal than their white colonial masters.

“African leaders steal money and do not do anything with it...The white man is corrupt but intelligent…The white man knows he has to chop small and give 90 per cent to the people but for the black man, he will chop 90 per cent and fight over the remaining 10 per cent with the people (sic),” he added.

Mr. Wayo, who praised President Mills in the early days of the NDC, said the ‘Father for all’ President has ignored all his advice.

The URP leader, who was appointed as the board member of the Energy Commission by President Mills, conceded that the NDC government is willing to listen to advice.

“This government what I like about them is this; they are willing to listen, they all think in the box like rats, they look outside the box and they are curious. They want to get out, but the NPP big men; they have accepted that our condition is going to be like this…In the Atta Mills’ government, there are individuals who know there is a problem,” he said.

Mr. Wayo also said that leaders in Ghana have corrupted everything including journalism and the Holy Bible, adding, “The real criminals are in government and churches are taking people’s money.”

He said judges are part of what he termed “security forces” and said “one corrupt judge” can be equated to a thousand armed robbers.”

“One corrupt minister of state can ruin the whole nation, if I am a Minister and I steel money, the taxpayer’s money, then I am indirectly killing children in the hospitals and villages.”

No comments: