Thursday, July 07, 2011

Mills’ Brother Slaps Pastor


Posted on: www.dailyguideghana.com

By William Yaw Owusu

Thursday July 7, 2011.
Fiifi Crentsil, a businessman believed to be the cousin of President John Evans Atta Mills yesterday used a 46-year old Reverend Minister as punching bag, beating the man of God to pulp for no apparent reason.

The unfortunate incident happened mid-morning on the campus of Enyan Denkyira Senior High School in the Ejumako Enyan Essiam District of the Central Region where classes were in progress.

According to Reverend Michael Eshun who is the Parents Teacher Association (PTA) Chairman of the school, Mr. Crentsil slapped him without any provocation after the latter had accused him of erecting sign posts to indicate the construction of a new classroom block for the school with the PTA as sponsors.

Narrating his ordeal to DAILY GUIDE via telephone, Rev. Eshun, District Pastor of United Church of God said the PTA is solely constructing a new one-storey classroom block for the school while Mr. Crentsil who is a board member of Forestry Commission has been given a contract by the NDC government to construct a dormitory for the same school.

He said he went to the school to supervise the project and whilst on the top floor, Mr. Crentsil climbed up in the company of two others and asked if he (Rev. Eshun) was the PTA chairman.

“When I answered him, he said who gave me the authority to erect a signpost indicating it was a PTA funded project and before I could explain, he gave a hefty slap forcing me to the ground.”

“He then asked his bodyguard to go into his vehicle to bring his pistol and in the process he started shoving me around until I almost fell from the storey building.”

The Reverend Minister said he started shouting for help and it attracted the teaching staff and students to the ground floor whilst Mr. Crentsil held the collar of his shirt and descended to the ground floor.

He said in the process the school children started hooting at him and Mr. Crentsil left him, went straight to his car and sped off.

He said he reported the incident to the police who gave him a form to visit the hospital and also reported to the District Director of Education what had happened.
“As I speak to you, I am feeling very cold but I got some medicines from the hospital so I will administer it.”

A teacher of the school confirmed to Daily Guide that he witnessed the incident and even attempted to pelt Mr. Crentsil with stones when he held the Rev. Minister’s collar.

“”We were in the staff common room when we heard the noise so we rushed out and I saw Mr. Crentsil who is constructing a dormitory for the school heckling our PTA Chairman. I even tried to pelt him with stones but another teacher had already reached there to separate them.

“He boasts in town that he knows the President and intimidates people anyhow. He has even threatened me not to step into the town,” the teacher told DAILY GUIDE.

He alleged Mr. Crentsil had vowed to remove him from the school, adding “I told him point blank that he can succeed in that but cannot withhold my teaching license.”

When reached via telephone for comment, Mr. Crentsil said “I am having a meeting...I will call you back.”

He did not call back as at press time and subsequent calls placed by DAILY GUIDE were also not answered by Mr. Crentsil.

No comments: