Monday, January 12, 2015

EASTERN CORRIDOR ROAD IS A DEATHTRAP – IVOR GREENSTREET

Ivor Kobina Greenstreet - CPP General Secretary

By William Yaw Owusu
Monday, January12, 2014

Convention People’s Party (CPP) General Secretary Ivor Kobina Greenstreet says the ruling NDC should stop the propaganda and fix the eastern corridor road they have repeatedly promised to do but failed.

He said, the major road which connects the south-eastern part of the country to the north, is “a deathtrap” and sympathized with the people living on that stretch of the road.

He told DAILY GUIDE  that on his way to the north to assess the ongoing CPP constituency executive elections, he used the road to see for himself what had actually been done but said he was surprised at the way some government communicators presented a different picture about the same carriage way.

“Asikuma to Kadjebi is like a deathtrap. The road is in a terrible condition. Nothing has been done over there.”

He said “from Kadjebi to Nkwanta has been done but it is not tarred or anything like that. It has just been designed like our local asphalt. They have a long way to go but I suppose it is a political project and maybe they might find some money and try and do something for 2016.

Mr. Greenstreet who is becoming a thorn in the flesh of the ruling NDC with his pronouncements said “the work has temporarily come to a stop from what I saw over there. Something went on but it has reached a point where everything has stopped. They got to about Nkwanta and the work ceased. From Nkwanta to Damongo is very bad. It is also like a deathtrap.”

He said “the contractors appear to be on the road but somehow their equipment has been abandoned.”

On his official trip, he said he went to see how far the CPP had gone with the constituency elections saying “they have done 19 out of the 31 constituencies.”

“I visited Kpandai, Wulensi, Bimbilla, Salaga North and South and slept in Salaga. On Friday, I met Tamale North, South Central and the newly-created Sanarigu and the following day, I went to Gushiegu Karaga, Nanton and Savelugu.”

He said he met journalists “who asked me about this statement I made at the NDC congress in Kumasi and I told them I was on my way to Wa but will also go to Damango and Sawla after which I will go to Bole because one of my executives there has arranged for a Pastor of the Assemblies of God Church to pray for me to determine whether or not I have selective myopia or whether my accusers are those ones who have become blind to the conditions of majority of Ghanaians.”





No comments: