Friday, September 09, 2011

I Stand For Unity – Appiah CPP


Posted on: www.dailyguideghana.com
Amankwa Appiah aka Appiah CPP want to become CPP National Organizer.

By William Yaw Owusu

Friday September 9, 2011.
AN ASPIRING National Organizer of the Convention Peoples’ Party (CPP), Amankwa Appiah has pledged to “do everything possible” to unity the party to enable it present a formidable front in the 2012 general elections.

“The CPP needs absolute peace to be able to articulate the ideals of our father and founder, Osagyefo Dr. Kwame Nkrumah to the new generation. The current wrangling has affected us negatively but I come on board as a unifier who will make sure there is peace,” he said.

Mr. Appiah popularly known as Appiah CPP told DAILY GUIDE on Wednesday he had decided to contest as National Organizer at the party Saturday’s congress because “party activism has lost its essence in our ranks.”

He said “the youth no longer want to associate with us because we are not reaching out to them” adding “this is the time for us to unite and fight hard to restore the CPP to its rightful place in world politics.”

Appiah CPP said there was the need to stress on reinvigorating the structures of the party adding “it is going to be my priority if I get the nod.”

He noted that he would revive the various groups and associations that made the CPP very strong in the 1960s and rally the party members behind whoever emerges the 2102 flag bearer.

Asked whom he supports to become national chair person of the party, Appiah CPP said “may the best person win.”

When further asked about his weaknesses he replied “it is my passion for the party which has earned me the name Appiah CPP.”

According to Appiah CPP, he is contesting against two formidable candidates; Evelyn Anabila and Abu Forgor but “my contacts on the ground show clearly that my opponents will be no match for me.”

“I was the Deputy National Youth Organizer from 1996 to 2004 and have traveled extensively across the country so I know the party and its delegates inside out. I have served this party since 1992. I have been a loyal member all these years and have participated in any serious activity,” he said.

Asked about his contributions to the CPP so far, Appiah CPP said “I was the coordinator of the famous accord on Nkrumahist unity on October 16, 1997 at the Arts Center in Accra. I have always worked towards unity.

He added that he was also coordinator of the Osagyefo Youth Movement and actively participated in programmes that explain the ideals of Nkrumahism.

On Nkrumahist unity he had this to say: “politics is about numbers and any attempt to get all those who subscribe to the ideals of our great founder should be appreciated. I get excited when there is an attempt to bring all Nkrumahists together…that is the only way we can espouse Nkrumahism.”

No comments: